Canada ~ Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday!

We went back to Kelowna over Thanksgiving week to help Erik & Yuriko with their house. Elwood left on Friday and drove through an incredible snow storm on the way there. If he had only known, he would have stayed in Abbotsford over night!!
Thankfully he made it there safely. He is such a good driver.

I stayed in Frisco over the weekend. Jan picked me up in Seattle and I stayed with her for two days. On Tuesday afternoon we met my good friend Sonya for a delicious, true, Korean feast! And almost 4 hours of conversation. So good to see you Sonya!!
This trip I took pictures of Terry & Jan and their lovely home.

It is so welcoming!
Jan in her open kitchen
Turning to look to the front door.
Their lovely living room with incredible fireplace.
Jan was going to drive me to Kelowna but with the awful weather and driving conditions, I took the bus. The Coquillhala was closed because of the storm so the bus took us through Princeton and Penticton. Through the Manning pass, the snow and ice were terrible. Thankfully we had a great bus driver. As you can see through the front window of the bus, not all drivers were successful.
This was the semi's load ~ strewn over the highway.
They had a cat clearing it away.

I was awful at taking pictures in Kelowna. :( On Thursday, we went to the auction (where Yuriko acquires some of her treasures) and then to the Keg for a
great birthday/thanksgiving celebration.So much fun.
By Saturday night their place was starting to take shape.
Here is their master bedroom.

Their office
The hallway is coming along...

Their feature wall in the living room. Somehow it looks green but in reality it is more gold/brown/copper. It looks really good. As you can see, they still have a bit of work ahead of them but they sure are closer now!!
We left Sunday morning and drove through pouring rain. Thankfully it was above freezing and the snow was just in the trees and on the sides of the road.
Larson, was recently "Star of the Week" in his classroom. Karin and he made a poster to hang on the wall. They found these awesome lights that could blink or stay steady. His poster looks soooo good. Way to go Larson.

Such great pictures.

Secily came over to help Gramma decorate the Christmas tree.
We were successful!
I decided to build around trees in my decorating. Elwood loves trees. So my new focus for my Christmas decorating is Christmas Trees. So fun!

I pray that you will enjoy and savor this Christmas season.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given"

Comments