My drive from Winnipeg to Minneapolis

My day began..
I thought ~ oh my, there is flooding....

As I drove south it increased....

Not on the road though,
just lapping on the shoulder...

Ok, now where is the road????



The whitecaps were making it a little rough to drive.
Bryan's comment:
"Unbelievable!
Too bad someone else wasn't there to wake-skate behind the rental car."


Yes, that does say: "Watch for water on the highway"
I think it should have said: " The highway is here....
..... somewhere"

He is in worse trouble than me.
I hope they have all the supplies they need for awhile.

This whole village was sandbagged.
I saw several like this.

No, not the ocean ~
just some farm land north of Fargo, North Dakota.


Thankfully I made it home safely...
....in time for choir on Monday night.

They closed this stretch of highway shortly after I drove it.

"Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God
is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

The gorgeous bouquet of flowers my wonderful husband
had bought for my arrival home.
I am blessed and grateful.


Comments

Moth-ar said…
Oh my, oh my....that certainly looks like a frightful drive. Glad you're back safely.
Anonymous said…
So glad you are home safe. So appreciated your visit even if it was an adventuresome ride home. You should have taken the paddles I offered!!! Love the flowers. Way to go Elwood!
Darlene