Ice Day

I have just experienced two new things here. The first is Ice day. The church office was closed on Tuesday because of the icy conditions for driving. Now before you hearty Canadians give any further comment, let me tell you a couple of things. Sometimes in the morning, I go out to drive the car and I brush water off the car windows much like we did snow. It is so thick, it runs in puddles down the windshield, So, imagine that much water at freezing temperatures. It is treacherous in places! The good news is it melted in the afternoon. The second thing is, because this happens so rarely, they do not have the sanding equipment to handle it and drivers do not know how to drive in it. It is better to stay home and finish all the things you need to do for Christmas! Karin, who lives 10 minutes away, had some snow. We didn't. And the better news is, the high today is going to be 75!!!

Secondly, I just experienced my first awful traffic time. I had gone down to Eraina's to look after Lucy. Left in the late afternoon, stopped to shop a little bit and then decided to travel home. I got stalled on Northwest Highway due to an accident. The four lanes of traffic moved along at about 15 miles per hour. Then once past the accident, traffic moved well until the Dallas Tollway. I had decided to pay the toll because I thought it would go so much faster..... not so. I think at times there are six lanes, and a few times we will all basically stopped. So what should have taken me half an hour to get home, took 1 hour and 40 minutes. I think an appropriate time to say: "Uff da"

Jeff & Chandra just bought their first home. We moved them in on Friday and Saturday. Here are the new window washers!

Comments